CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 16, 2012

Bloomin' Fertilizer

I went to Lowe's to pick up some paint for me bathroom makeover.  While the woman waiting on me  was mixing my paint I went to the garden section to pick up fertilizer for my droopy plants.  Isn't everybody struggling with this hot summer season with little rain to keep our plants perky?  I spotted Miracle Gro which is what I always use and placed it on the paint counter waiting for my paint to be mixed.  Then the Lowes woman brought me my paint.  She spotted the Miracle Gro and said "Miracle Gro, eh?  What are you trying to fix?"  I explained my plants were unusually droopy even with frequent waterings and not blooming very fast.  She said "follow me".  She explained she used to work in the garden department.  She immediately grabbed a bottle off a shelf in the garden center and explained this stuff works the best.
It smells absolutely AWFUL!  I mixed it with water and held my nose to fertilize all my outdoor plants.
After about a week I have already seen my plants perk up in my window boxes.  I planted this year purple verbena, white russian climbing petunias and red germaniums.   Check it out!




1 comments:

KBound

Fish fertilizer!! I will definitely try that!! My husband swears by taking fish oil pills himself...I KNOW it's not exactly the same thing, but BLESS those FISH! ;) Thanks for the tip!

Post a Comment