CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Apps For the Week

Part of my New Year's resolution was to eat healthy and lose weight.  My son turned me on to this app at I tunes called Lose It.   It calculates how much weight you want to lose and by when.  Then it will give you the amount of calories you need daily.  As you have a meal you enter the food and it counts down how many calories you have left.  It's super easy and has some other functions as well but haven't tapped into them.   The super duper part is it's FREE!  Love those free apps!!



SPLASH MATH is an app I use in my classroom on my IPAD.  My first graders love this and some kids practice on their own when they've finished their work.  Some of the second graders are using this app also  with success.  Again, this app is free and is available on Iphone and iPad.



Description Splash Math is a fun and innovative way to practice math. With 13 chapters covering over 185 math skills and an endless supply of problems, it is by far the most comprehensive math workbook in the app store.

★ WINNER of "Best Elementary Student App" (2011), by BestAppEver.com
★ Featured in Apple's "Staff Favorite"
★ Featured in New and Noteworthy

 Try them out and tell me what you think.  Thanks for stopping by!






2 comments:

Unknown

I'm glad I stopped by. I like the first page. A combination of reading, art and math. I'll stop by again.

Sue

Thanks Joe! I'm hoping we'll be sharing lots of ideas pertaining to blogs and websites!! Come and visit again! Thanks!

Post a Comment