CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Tablescape

Today is one of my family's favorite holidays, St. Patrick's Day. My mother's name was Clancy so we take our Irish heritage seriously.  Here is my Irish tablescape that is ready for the corn beef, cabbage and Irish soda bread.  I got a little help from my maid aka "vacuum cover"!




  
Got this cute little mouse with his blarney stone at TJ Maxx  and couldn't resit him!

I love charger plates.  I got 6 of these gold ones for $1.00 each at Hobby Lobby after Christmas this year.

 Aren't these two cute?  They're salt and pepper shakers I got at a garage sale this summer.  $1.00 for the set, it was a steal! The bunny is a little premature but I couldn't help putting them out with the corn beef and cabbage, it just seemed fitting. The runner I got at Kohl's on clearance last year.


The gold glasses are cast offs from my moms home in Florida.  She was getting rid of things and remembered how I had just started doing tablescapes so she gave them to me as her contribution. This is where the saying "one man's junk is another man's treasure" comes into play, except I would change man to woman! We women are ALWAYS looking for treasures without breaking the bank! For my first St. Patrick's tablescape I learned alot and had an amazing time creating.  I know for sure along with my mother's help I'll be on the prowl for more St. Patrick's decor to add to my tablescape next year!


3 comments:

lepetitepeach

Looks awesome!!!!! :)

Unknown

I am new to tablescapes...you are soooo inspiring me! LOVE peeking in at your projects, Sue :)

healingspirit

You are so creative Sue!!! I would never think to put an Annalee mouse on the tables. Love it!

Post a Comment