CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July!  I love the red, white and blue and the USA.  Decorating the house for the holiday is a piece of cake. Here are a few pictures of our house wrapped in the waves of Patriotic colors.


The bunting was from a local store.  The flag pole we got new this year from Michaels because our other one was staineless steel and keep breaking apart from the cement wall.  I put flags in the window boxes and the front porch flower pots.

Here is a "close up of the doorstep.  Each pot holds an American flag and the duck also is waving a flag. The wreath to  the left of the door which got cut off  I made with red ribbon and some red, white and blue flowers I had.   The more I blog I themore I  realize I need to figure out how to get closer to my subjects or find a better camera!!  I'm sorry  these aren't very close, but I'm still learning.  


 I don't think you can clearly see but the driveway is lined with 5 flags on each side with a flag placed near the mailbox too. 
We will be going to a parade in town Monday which is our family ritual. It is now three generations that make the trek to the 11am Fourth of July Parade.  After the parade all of my 3 siblings and their families go to my parents house on beautiful Gull Lake and bring tasty dishes to pass and enjoy another holiday to be together as a family. We go boating, float carefree on the lake, or read under a shade tree, or simply graze on all the plentiful treats we've all brought.  It's the kind of day where our families celebrate and create lasting summertime memories.   That's our tradition, what's yours?


0 comments:

Post a Comment