CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 19, 2012

Listening Center

I upgraded my listening centers from an inspiration on Pinterest. It's my version of a Comfy Milk Crate Listening Center I had a couple of milk crates I used for book shelving in my room in a pale blue and I found a couple of orange ones in a pile at school that I knew would be perfect for this project.  



I spray painted these tired blue and previously orange crates to navy and red to go along with our school wide patriotic theme.

Did you know that Rust-oleum has spray paint for plastic now?  They have an array of colors to choose from.  Just my luck they had navy and an apple red I liked.

The hubster cut out plywood that would fit just inside the crate and on the lip of the inside.  I had some patriotic material in my material tub and some leftover foam from another project and staple gunned it over the plywood.

Finished product!  I made 4 of these and the kids really like them.

Each crate contains one cd player, a book, cd and a response sheet.
Except for the drying time of the paint this project took very little time to put together.  I love the portability of the centers and organization of the listening center components all in one place.   This is sooooo easy for my first graders to take care of when they are done.  Thanks for stopping by and maybe you'll want to try this project out and see for yourself!




0 comments:

Post a Comment