CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Stars & Stripes

Our school wide theme was "United We Learn".   The colors red, white and blue permeate our hallways and classrooms.  I did a lot of window shopping to research some inspiration pieces.  Found quite a few fun items at Hobby Lobby but whew, prices were over $40.! I came up with a couple of lamp projects.  The lamps were already  in my classroom but I change the covers every year. Check them out.
Less than a yard of leftover jean fabric and stick on stars purchased at Hobby Lobby made this  twinkle lam
Took off an old lamp cover and used fabric glue to wind red, white and blue yarn around the shade.  Easy peasy.  My advice would be to place the yarn closer together and give it a tighter look.  But I really like the light that reflect from the shade.  Fun project!





0 comments:

Post a Comment